Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

another new 540 i

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by jdw928, Jun 1, 2008.

jdw928

Poormech guest

Looks very nice. If not already done, get a car fax or equivelent. Before I bought my present e39 I almost fell for 2 others only to find one was a salvage and the other was a flood car. If you can get hands on, I can give you some pointers if you want.

az3579

Carfax reports are often misleading. Many times things that are reported aren't true and sometimes there are events that occured but never showed up in a Carfax.

Just be careful.

Poormech guest

This is true. But in my case when I confronted the sellers they both admitted to what the car fax had reported. I have seen one instance some evidence of a car that had some repair work that wasn't reported by car fax. I think because in this instance it was a deer strike and was never reported . Personally, because of the cost of potential repairs, I'd rather be a little cautious in my search for a car.

suss1173

2001 e39

That looks like a nice clean car! If you have did not get that one and are still looking, I have an 02 540 ia (sport, cold weather, prem) it's titanume silver with black leather and I would let it go for $14,000.
    98k.