Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

An Aspiring Writer

Discussion in 'Roundel Magazine' started by mrsbee, Jun 11, 2012.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Mike's Trike.jpg If that Pacer was a hit, wait until you see my John Deere
    No run-flats here & Hey Satch, it's got a manual transmission, hell, the whole damm thing is manual.

MGarrison

lol :p

Manual! Fer who, the Jolly Green Giant?? ;)

mrsbee guest

Whoa, hold your hats there. Let me clarify a few things. First, I have the utmost respect for anything and anybody who had a passion for what she/he is working on or involved in. If it's horse racing, drag racing or bar stool racing, if your heart is purly in it you believe in your work, you have my respect. The owner of the pacer had my respect. I believe, and I could be wrong, that the initial photo of the pacer was set out to be kind of a gag pic to a previous post. With this in mind, I followed suit of the gsg mentality and ran with it. If anything, kudos to the owner of that pacer.

And another thing... (which will probably be my dying words) a car snob, I will never claim to be. I consider my ultimate vehicle pride and joy the pile of crap that I bought for 100 bucks from a junk yard. It was totalled, but I knew I could invest 400 bucks into it, replace a few fenders and have a low mileage car for cheap. This thing was ugly, as ugly as it could be. The fenders almost matched and after an incident with a failing hood latch,had quite possibly the only real life functional hood pins found on a Hyundai accent in the entire world. It was embarrassing to drive, ugly to look at and well a mediocre car all over, but it was mine. I loved it, it had character.

And before I go back to bed, (this thread actually woke me up from a slumber) I used to have a 1983 Buick lesabre, and as far as smooth ride goes it was long of the road. With a hood as long as a Fiat and gas milage about what I would expect that tractor would get, it was premium luxury from back in the day. I think I got more comments given to me whole driving that thing then I have ever gotten with the tard.

So, I will close with this. I never intended to poke fun or belittle anybody or anything. I admire the pacer, it kind of reminds me of my Hyundai. Ugly as all hell, but mine and unique...
    wellardmac likes this.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Those of us that are fortunate enough to be driving the ultimate driving machine, need to remember that very few of us that have never depended on a far less impressive ride to provide basic transportation. It's good to see that we all still have a sense of humor. The Pacer I was talking about was a horse, but I have to admit, the Pacer in that photo was much more entertaining. Lighten up People... Octoberfest is only a few weeks away. Bee Happy!
    MrsBee likes this.

mrsbee guest

I thought everybody would like an update.
    First of all, I'd like to thank everybody for your kind words and encouraging messages throughout my adventure of being a writer.
    That being said, check out my latest adventure into the world o' writin'.

http://tinyurl.com/bjxnw3f
    kgmoodyz3 likes this.

kgmoodyz4

Nice article!