Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

AM radio freqs going by 9Khz instead of 10Khz

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by pyrodsp, Aug 26, 2008.

pyrodsp guest

I have a 2003 M3 convertible, E46 body. It has the onboard navigation system with integrated radio and phone. I replaced the hardwired phone unit with a bluetooth phone unit. I noticed that while trying to tune my radio in the AM band that it was tuning each frequency by 9Khz instead of 10Khz. This makes tuning almost every AM radio station in the USA impossible. I've seen some reset procedures for the smaller faceplate type radios, but have been unable to find a procedure for the integrated system. Any ideas? Also when I try to have the radio scan for station in the FM band it will go completely through the radio spectrum and stop back on the station where the search was initiated. There are plenty of other radio stations with strong signals around here so, I don't get why it does that. I have tried it in the normal search mode and the "sensitive" search mode. Both modes yield the same results. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

James