Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Almost got into a rumble

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Mar 11, 2010.

Autohaus guest

I knew this kid from 2001 that lived near me when I was still living with my father. In the past year he has appeared from under a rock when he told me his life story last year that his gf cheated on him, took all his money, this and that and blah blah blah. Maybe he was lying but I gave him $7 so he can get some food. This happened around last April. Since the past year I have seen him walking up and down all over Beacon. I assume he could be homeless? Sucks but I have my own issues to deal with. So just tonight I go over to my local Dunkin Donuts and he happens to be sitting in the backseat of a neon (I didn't see him). As I get out of the e39 I hear a voice and I knew it was him. I'm thinking to myself that he wants $$$$$$ or something so I completely blow him off. He then gets loud with me as I'm walking towards the store saying, "Hey, I'm talking to you". I stopped, turned around with a dirty look and told him, "I'm getting some food"! I stared him down 5 seconds until he turned around and got back in that crappy neon deion. I'm thinking who the hell is this clown getting loud with me? If he wanted some action he could come and get it. From what I recall he wasn't a douche but I guess poverty or whatever has changed him. As I'm in the store I was hoping he wasn't doing any naughty things to the 5er because it would have been me vs at least 3 guys. I'm thinking Jason Bourne time :). As I approach my car I look over to the neon but couldn't see much since it had dark tint and its dark out. So I getz in e39 and take off. No damage to my 5er. It won't be the last time I will run into him again so if he starts off I'll just say that I have no time. If he acts up again then I'll take it from there.

tiFreak

give us a time and place and we'll show up, a couple hundred BMWCCA members should be a good match for 3 lowlifes :D

az3579

I got your back; I'm only an hour and fifteen minutes away...
    Stall him while I get in the car! :D

Autohaus guest

He was chicken. If he wanted some action he would have waited for me outside but he didn't. Now don't get me wrong here folks, I don't get involved with scuffles and confrontations at all but I do know how to defend myself. Some members on here have met me and I believe they see me as a low key guy. I am, but I gotta defendz myself when a situation arises.

That time should be cut in 1/2 now :D

bcweir

Nothing against homeless or poor people....

... but you should never give them cash. Now before the rest of you pick up your torches and pitchforks, hear me out. Once the cash leaves your hands, you have no control over how it gets spent. He can buy cigarettes, beer, even illegal drugs. Worst case scenario, you could be setting yourself up for a mugging or a robbery now or in the future. I don't know about you, but I'd feel awful if I thought I contributed to someone's decline or even death.

Several fast food restaurants offer gift cards and gift certificates. A much safer option, and they can only be spent on food. If he/she declines your kind offer, then clearly they never intended to buy food with it in the first place.

Glad you're OK, but that $7 could have cost you your life, my friend.

az3579

I agree with Brian, 100%. Honestly, there are plenty of jobs out there that pay under the table and could care less where you live, so if they're truly desperate, they'd find one of those jobs instead of begging for money.