Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Alignment of f30 headlights (Halogen)

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by tbdbitl, Jun 4, 2013.

tbdbitl

I thought I posted this a couple of days ago, but can't find the thread, so must have been a user error....

I recently took delivery on a new 328i X-Drive sedan with the standard Halogen headlights, and while I am enjoying the car very much, it suffers from the same problem that my previous BMWs have had - the headlights aren't aimed high enough to provide enough light on the highway when driving at legal speeds. The dealer response has been "working as intended", so in both cars, I made a small adjustment to bring the headlights up a small amount, enough to illuminate enough without blinding the driver of a car in front of me.

In this car, I have been unable to locate the adjustment screws to make the adjustment. There is a tab with a hex screw mounted in it, but this is over the high beam light. There is also a circular panel, approximately 4" in diameter that I am assuming to be access to the bulbs for replacement. nothing else appears to be an adjustment screw.

Has anyone else had my experience, or point out where the adjustments are?

Thanks in advance.

MGarrison