Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Aftermarket iPod adapter for 2008 E91?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by rayd, Jun 23, 2010.

rayd

Anyone have any experience/knowlege with aftermarket iPod adapters for the E91 (or E90)? My local dealer wants $599 installed for the kit. I searched around the 'net and didn't see aftermarket adapters for models newer than 2007.

Regards,
    rayd

jsunma

I've been looking too, and there seems to be nothing currently available. I've had good luck with www.neocaraudio.com in other cars, but they have nothing for our cars.

I have another post over on the model-specific forum looking for info on others experiences with the factory iPod interface (that should probably get moved over here.... moderator??). I sort of feel like a chump for buying the $75 BMW cable when it turns out that the factory interface is so pathetic. My suggestion over there is to just go with the Apple cable for charging and to play the iPod through the AUX input. Performance/interface is better and I think the sound is just as good as well. fwiw. All the BMW interface seems to do is to display track info on the headunit and to allow switching of tracks (very inconveniently) via the steering wheel buttons.

(I should note that I bought my car used, recently, and it has the 06FL iPod/USB adapter option...just not the cable, which the previous owner for some reason kept. The cable alone costs $75 from BMW. Ouch.)