Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Aftermarket Blind Spot

Discussion in 'BMW' started by Boeingflyer, Jun 4, 2017.

Boeingflyer

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket blind spot available for a new X5? I thought I was getting the Drivers Assistance Plus package with the new X5 I ordered in addition to the Surround Camera & Active Drivng Assistant. The dealer ordered those 2 options but didn't include the Drivers package so I have no blind spot detector. They're wanting me to pay a ridiculous amount of money to order a new vehicle & take mine (with 800 miles) in exchange. Exploring all options before I commit to getting another vehicle.

charlson89

I'm sure you can find a cheap system out there but I wouldn't wanna put that on my brand new x5. If they messed up the ordering of your vehicle then they should correct it. I have never done a retrofit of this system on your x5 but with the other options there it might be possible. You would need to have your dealer foreman discuss this with the RTE of BMW for there dealer and see if it is possible. Otherwise personally I would be calling BMW about this since it is brand new and you didn't get what you asked for.