Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Advice for Soon-To-Be-Married Sam Smith of Roundel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by M3Driver, Apr 4, 2009.

M3Driver guest

For those who have gotten the April 09 edition of Roundel, you will note that Sam Smith will very soon be taking a trip down the altar. Therefore, being the smart young man that he is, he has asked for help on how to happily merge a BMW habit with newly wedded bliss. Therefore it is our duty as fellow BMW brethren to give him our words of wisdom.

Myself, married 10 years this June.

I always include the wife in all BMW club activities (The X3 in the sig line is hers). She has a great time and has allowed me to spend an ungodly amount of money on Dinan parts over the last few years with the latest 'ok' to add the Dinan 3.91 diff to my M3! Of course at this point she just rolls her eyes when I mention upgrades but I digress.....

NOTE: I always get her something cool from the BMW parts shop (Susan Korman stuff is good and goes for a worthy cause) when I am there.

Anyone else just chime on in....:)
    1 people like this.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Great idea!

Bev and I will be married 22 years in June. My advice is to buy your wife her BMW of choice (Bev's is the M3/4) and to both volunteer as chapter officers. The chance to share this passion has made our relationship a strong one and has brought the support of like minded individuals into our lives.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

A married man is a happy man. . .

I think I'd best demur until this marriage thing-mine, that is-makes it past the one-year mark. I WILL say that it's humbling to drive an M roadster when the dame you married has a heavy foot in a 335i. . . .

:eek: :eek: :eek:

TeamStowell We love driving!

I am presuming this person sharing Sam's life is a car person.... if not his illness will never be understood!

M3Driver guest

My wife liked cool cars of all kinds (especially sixties-era Corvettes) but I actually didn't buy my first BMW until we were married about a year. After she met the great folks at the local BMW CCA chapter she was really hooked. We have been to the Rolex GT races at Barber Motorsport in Birmingham a couple of times where she carried on quite a spirited conversation with Joey Hand when he was driving for PTG.

M3Driver guest

Breathed on by Steve Dinan too if I remember your column at one time (Lucky man, you...):D

MGarrison

and then there will probably be the corollary thread to this one - "How to engage in your BMW habit when there's a snowball's chance in hell of your spouse having any interest at all much less actually supporting it." :p

Brian A

My advice would be that every marriage is different, that love is a verb, and that each couple must work things out their own way. Us? My wife has zero interest in cars, but we bumble by despite it. It's a minor difference in the Grand Scheme of Things.