Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

AC and Navigation/entertainment system

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by mmbmz3, Jul 26, 2011.

mmbmz3

Last winter just before the Super Bowl, my 2007 335i was stuck at DFW with all that cold and ice. When I was finally able to fly into DFW and recover my car, the navigation/entertainment system basically said, “we are dead†and all it would do 24/7 is try to reboot itself (even if the car was parked and off). The navigation/entertainment system was replaced under warrantee and I was given a new set DVDs.

Now it is summer, and even though the parking lot where I work is safe and monitored there is no shade. I keep the windows cracked and the sun roof open up and yesterday the parking lot temp was 114 and the internal temp was off the chart.

When I started the car everything seemed to work OK as I checked the navigation map for the normal DFW rush hour traffic headaches. I completely roll the windows down to get the big heat out and once the vents start blowing cooler, I close her up. While I was driving the AC bars started counting down normally but the AC would stop and restart itself. The AC did this several times.

Half way home the navigation system stop working the DVD player started clicking and said the DVD was bad.

Are these two things related?

Is the navigation system going again?

After several hours, in the shade I started her up again and everything was working normally.

Since both of these items are big ticket items, any advice would be appreciated. I took delivery of the car 8/29/2007 and the warrantee is up really soon.

Thanks

Maryb

2007 335is – 28k miles

MGarrison

I don't know if they're

I don't know if they're related or not - any number of possibilities. If you have a warranty to take advantage of, I'd say try to do so.