Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

94 e34 530i audio

Discussion in 'E34 (1989-1995)' started by pinchak, Jul 29, 2010.

pinchak guest

Have a 1994 530i with a lot of low level popping coming out of the audio (both radio and cd's). Thought I had a bad amp and bought a replacement from Bavarian Recyclers. Put it in but still have the same problem.
    Seems to be coming from the rear deck. Could this be a speaker problem? People I have spoken to don't think it is the head unit. Any thoughts?

tiFreak

does it seem to pop at the same time as the bass in the music? if it is it's most likely blown speakers

pinchak guest

94 E34 audio

No, doesn't appear to be in sync w/music. I am going to disconnect speaker connections in one rear speaker and if it still "pops" in the other rear speaker, am going to connect the second speaker to the first speaker connections. If still pops then I think the problem has to be in the head unit. Agree?

MGarrison

Unless it's the amp and by remote chance the one you purchased is similarly afflicted to the one it replaced. If you could run another sound source to either speaker's leads, that could help eliminate if it's a speaker isssue.

BMWCCA1

Dirty volume control?