Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

76 2002 Body Panels?

Discussion in '114 type 1600, 2002, 2002ti/tii (1967-1976)' started by johnsugameli, Apr 3, 2011.

johnsugameli

Hi all,

I have a 76 2002, and am looking for a front left Quarter (fender). Does anyone make Fiberglass replacement panels? The car is my 14 year old son's, and although I can do the body work, I would rather find panels he could install. This panel is the only place on the car that has any rust, wondering if maybe a battery got acid on it.

If we can find a panel that is original, that is fine. If we can find fiberglass replacements, that would be ok too. I have seen the turbo style flares, but that is a little advanced for him, and wouldn't fix the rust anyway. Something more or less bolt on is his speed atm.

I would really like him to do the work, so I can work on my E-36's

Thanks

Jack

PS. We are near Charlotte, NC

John in VA

There were/are fiberglass front fenders. I had them on my '70. The only problem is that the torsion bar for opening the hood fastens to the top of the fenders and could cause some cracking. You be better off placing a Want To Buy post for good metal fenders at the 2002faq forum. It's THE place for all things '02!
    http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/

johnsugameli

Thanks John

Worked like a champ, recieved a response in 12 hours.

Best

Jack

CRKrieger

As an addition, the turbo flares might very well address some rust issues. They were originally bolted or pop riveted to the body, so no exotic bodywork is needed. If you want to address wheel lip opening rust, just hack it off and cover it with a flare. ;)