Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

545i Extended Warranty/Maintenance

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by Woodchimps, Aug 19, 2008.

Woodchimps guest

My warranty on 2004 545i is expiring and wanted to know recommendations as who to go with for coverage, BMW or a 3rd party agreement? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

spousho guest

Mine ran out in August ('04 545i). After doing a ton of research both with multiple dealers (5) as well as 3rd party, I decided to not get any extended warranty. The reason is that I have never had a problem with my car, and that if I DID have a problem, chances are it would cost $2k - $3k to fix, which was the range of quotes I got to extend my warranty. Of course I'm taking the chance that I will only ever have 1 major issue, but that's a risk I chose to take.

DO, however, extend your SERVICE agreement. Free oil changes, etc. for another 2 years/100k miles is worth the price.

If you do decide to get a warranty extension, I found the BMW rates to be more expensive than 3rd party, however usually they covered more and had a lower "co-pay" when you brought the vehicle in for service. Make sure you get more than one quote (get quotes from multiple dealers) -- they all varied and it's just like a sales call -- they will negotiate, especially if you can say "this other dealer offered me something cheaper."