Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

525i new owner - new to BMWCCA and this forum

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by rbucchino, Aug 7, 2010.

rbucchino guest

Hello all,

I recently purchased my first BMW, a CPO '07 525i, and recently joined the BMWCCA. I've been reading all the posts with interest and hope to join in on the various discussions. By the way, I think it is absolutely the finest car I have ever owned.

One area of interest for me is to upgrade the headlighting on my car. I believe I have the factory lamps and they seem quite "yellow" to me. I see numerous posts and trhreads regarding improving the lighting and have more confusion than clarity on what I might do for my car. A couple of questions to the group:

- I have the standard H7 halogen headlamps. Any advice for improvement there without jeopardizing my CPO warranty?
    - I see lots of discussions about improving the angel eyes and I noticed many BMWs on the road have a quite different look that mine. Again, is there a preferred way to improve them?

Thanks in advance!

John in VA

Welcome!
    There's H7 bulbs, and there's H7 bulbs. You can upgrade to a 55W H7 bulb with a different color temperature, like the Osram Sylvania SilverStar or GE Nighthawk Platinum. You'll spend twice as much for half the bulb life (like good tires!) but have a whiter (and maybe) brighter light. Please stay away from the blue-tinged "super bulbs."
    Are the covers for your headlights still clear? If plastic, they tend to get dingy over time - numerous polishing kits are available for home use, or have a detail shop do it for you.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the funhouse!

I can't offer any lighting advice, but welcome aboard!

rbucchino guest

Thanks!

Thanks guys and thank you John for the advice. I'm going to check out prices on some better H7 lamps. My headlight covers are relatively clear--just some minor pitting.

Thanks again!