Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

435i instrument cluster

Discussion in 'F32 (2013-present)' started by ghaze, Apr 17, 2021.

ghaze

Hey there! Having a strange problem and wondered if anyone has heard of this and has some idea of what the issue could be. I have a 2015 435i xdrive. The last couple of days when I started it to leave for work in the morning I have no instrument cluster. I tried to shut it off and restart it, but that didn’t help. Then about 3 miles from my house it comes back on and works fine the rest of the day. Both days it came back on when I was the exact same distance from my house. Any ideas?

MGarrison

Beyond checking relays n fuses I'd have to guess it's gonna need a diagnostic read of fault codes & go from there.

ghaze

Hey thanks for the input! I wasn’t even sure if it stored fault codes without throwing up some sort of a light. It actually hasn’t done it since I posted, but I know better than to think anything will just “fix itself” so I will definitely start delving into this before it crops up again