Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

335xi limp mode- no errors shown

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by holyshmole, Sep 16, 2009.

holyshmole guest

I bought a used 2007 335xi 6 speed 6 months ago from a non-BMW dealer. Car started hesitating, losing power, limp mode over 50 mph and /or 5500 rpm. After stopping and restarting car, prob cleared until I reached the 50/5500 parameters again. Took car to dealer- that was 29 days ago. No errors are being thrown/logged.

Fuel pumps, plugs, coils, solenoids, ECU and many other parts tried/replaced. Today a new wiring harness is being installed. Dealer is working with BMW technical support. I am in contact with BMW Customer Assistance- received a call today from a case manager who is going to get inside issues as well.

I am in the Chicago area. My BMW service adviser is excellent. The dealer is great as well- I have other brands of vehicles services there as well. This is my 4th BMW- 3 M3s before this one.

Anyone run into this? Any ideas? Anywhere/anyone else I should call? Thanks!

pseto

try searching over at e90post, plenty of good info there

ForcedInduction guest

Wow, 29 days in the shop. Not good. :(