Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

335I oil consumption

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by nodabs, Mar 5, 2010.

nodabs guest

Just purchased an off lease '07 335I, sports package and Premium package. The car has used about 1/2 qt of oil in 200 miles. It has 41K miles on the clock I really love the car but wonder about the oil consumption.

fshubert

FWIW, I just turned 7300 on my 2009 E90 335i and just topped it off for the first time.

kdub

That sounds unusual. I also have an '07 335i - 31k miles. Last oil change was in October and I haven't had any noticeable consumption. Advise you get it looked at while it's still under the 4/50.

Zeichen311

You were right to be concerned. Half a quart in only 200 miles is huge, not merely excessive. Something is wrong. Indeed I'm surprised the CPO inspection didn't pick it up.

ldamario

My 2007 335i, which was just returned at lease end, did not burn any oil (per the onboard display) for intervals up to 7500 miles. This has been true of the last several 3-series BMWs I have owned. I have always taken break-in instructions seriously. Many people do not.

MMMadness guest

I've put about 1000 miles on my CPO 2007 335i 6MT... no oil consumption, according to the dash reading. I can't seem to find the dipstick... :rolleyes:

My 1997 Dinan S1 M3 ran flawlessly, even at 100k miles, but always consumed a quart of oil between changes.

330indy1

I am not surprised if it had only standard dealer service (extended OCIs) during the lease.
    Modern BMWs are treated like they're disposable, and frankly if you're going beyond 5k OCIs I would expect to add oil occasionally.