Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

335d "Best Luxury Vehicle" for 2010: Popular Mechanics

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Jonathan Spira, Jan 15, 2010.

Jonathan Spira guest

The 335d was named "Best Luxury Vehicle" for 2010 by Popular Mechanics.

Click here for details.

[IMG]

CRKrieger

Great - except that Popular Mechanics is like the National Enquirer of automotive journalism ... :(

Alighieri guest

Plenty of other publications and notable bodies have given rewards to BMW for the 335d...this is just another one for the coffers. :)

CRKrieger

Note to the humor impaired:

This was not a cheap shot at the car. This was a cheap shot at the periodical.

Alighieri guest

Oh, I knew you weren't saying anything bad about the car, mate. ;)

bigriffi

I LOVE my 335d. I got in August and have been enjoying ever since. I have average about 34 MPG in mixed suburban driving, getting about 40 on the highway. And it drives just like a BMW, with a RUSH of torque/acceleration.

Snow tires are fine for traction here in Chicago, I have not had to do anything special to get going in 5+ inches of snow. In fact, if you turn off DSC, you get to wag the tail a little.

I was thinking if they really wanted to do a neat car, perhaps half the engine, with half the torque and HP, combine with an electric motor, stick it in 1 series, and voila, you got 50 MPG in a fun machine.

:)

tek4tex

diesels

I believe the 4 cylinder diesels are getting 48 mpg in Europe now without the hybrid feature. The problem is the cost of certification our friends at EPA

Alighieri guest

That'd be the 320d, and there's no word as to whether or not they plan to bring it stateside, but it would be a solid competitor to the Jetta TDI, I'd think.