Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

328is Tires/Wheels

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by wbruzzese, Sep 8, 2009.

wbruzzese

I have recently purchased a 1998 328is. Completely stock, no sport package, etc. in excellent shape. It is in desperate need of tires. I'm considering doing some autocross and maybe HP Driving School, but nothing too serious. Mostly just my daily driver with a bit of kick. Suspension needs some work too, but tire come first. I've been considering upgrading the stock 15" to 17" but not sure. Any advice on tires if I stay with 15? And if I go with 17, what should I do? I know offset is important, but what width wheel and offset is recommended for front and/or rear?

Thanks,
    -w

DRP guest

I just replaced my 15" stocks with 17"s from BMW. My recommendations is to stick with BMW wheels with the correct offset (I believe the E36 is 41 mm) or make sure if you get aftermarket wheels that you don't change the geometry. TireRack.com has a lot of choices and they have options in different sizes.

For tires I went with Bridgestone Potenza's high performance summer tires and I have winter tires on the old 15" wheels. The Potenza's are the best road tires I have ever had on any car, and would probably be more than sufficient for autocross and light "racing." Great in the rain too. For winter tires I have Goodyear W3's, haven't driven on them yet but I've read only great things.

TireRack.com is a great site just to research tires, and you can buy them elsewhere if you find a better deal.

Bavarian Autosport is great for BMW OEM wheels and will only give you wheels that fit your model.

Good luck