Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

275 mm front tires on an E46 M3?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by autoxjimmer, Aug 29, 2009.

autoxjimmer guest

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with fitting really wide tires on the front of an E46 M3. I'm autocrossing the car in the STU class and would like to fit 275/35R18 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec tires at all 4 corners for max. grip. My car is lowered about 1-in. from the stock ride height, but the fender lips are rolled and I can set camber between -2 and -3.5 degrees. Does anyone have any suggestions for wheel brands, widths and offsets to fit this wide of a tire on the front of a 2004 M3? Tire Rack suggested the OZ Allegerita wheel with a 9-in. width and a +40mm offset, but this wheel is not available in a silver finish which is the finish that I am looking for. Any experience with the Beyern Mesh wheels? I looks like these are available in a 9.5-in. rim with a +45 offset (front?) and a +25 offset (rear) that might work.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

CSBM5

Take a look on m3forum.net E46 section and/or the Track section. With enough negative camber up front, running 18x9.5 with 275/35 or even 18x10 with 285/30 all around are common setups.