Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2015 X1 not getting minimum Monroney sticker MPG

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kurtgiusti, Dec 11, 2015.

kurtgiusti

Hi there,
    I have a 2015 X1 with 11K miles and the highest mpg I have ever gotten is 21.7 and 90% of my driving is in the country on highways.
    Monroney sticker say 22-32mpg
    I noticed this issue early on and the dealer said it needs to break-in and I should get about 25-26mpg.
    Never heard of a Bimmer needing "break-in" and this is my 8th BMW in a row.

I have been obsessed with the mpg on this vehicle and have monitored it every time I drive, being concious of my driving habits and using the eco-pro button on the freeways.
    I took it in at 5K miles and they brought some rep out who started in with this scripted line of BS about "the monroney sticker, eco-pro, tire pressure, blah, blah, blah..."

I have done some Google searching on this topic and am only finding that most people are raving about the good mpg in the X1.
    I am really frustrated with this vehicle and as a 25 year brand loyalist this is by far the worst vehicle that i have ever experienced from BMW and also especially frustrated as I downsized from a 2012 X3 3.5 X-Drive because the maximum mpg on it was 19.5-20.5mpg and this underpowered 4 cyl is only getting 1mpg better!!!

I am in the process of building a Lemon Law case to get this lease vehicle replaced.
    Wondering if any other X1 owners have had similar experiences?

Any assistance our advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers!

MGarrison

You're probably doing it already, but if not, perhaps calculate your own mpg for comparison purposes vs. the onboard computer. Might be interesting to use a gps with a trip odo function to compare what that measures through a tank of gas vs. what the car's odo registers. I presume you're not in someplace like Colorado - wouldn't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Denver drivers get less mpg due to the elevation above sea level. Tires with lower rolling resistance than the stock rubber might help mpg, but that's beside the point - fair enough to expect any vehicle fresh outta the box to meet the minimum sticker specs.

charlson89

Ditto on calculating it yourself also have your rest that MPG counter at a fill up and see if it has improved?