Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2013 Activehybrid 3 Auxiliary battery

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by kiliach, Jan 31, 2018.

kiliach

New member here,
    I have a 2013 Activehybrid 3, 85k. Check engine light came on two weeks ago, I did a scan with my NT 510 it's showing no codes and it's hit and miss if it even scans the complete system. If i use the standard ob2 function I do get a generic code P1 AA5/$07, which could be related to the hybrid system. If I erase the code and drive the car and have multiple restarts the code doesn't come back. But if I let it sit for a few hours about 15 sec after a start the check engine light comes back. I felt the AGM battery was a suspect it was staying around 12.1 volts , so i replaced it and registered it. I'm still getting the CEL. When I went in to test individual systems the only returning code I keep getting under EME is, 220440/ Starter unit auxiliary battery, aged auxiliary battery. I pulled this smaller white battery and had it load tested at Autozone and battery warehouse. Both states the battery is fine. Has anyone see this problem or have any suggestions? Thanks in advanced.