Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2010 Voting Info

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by JES635, Dec 30, 2009.

JES635

2010 National Elections BMW CCA From John Sullivan North Atlantic Region VP

January begins election season for the BMW CCA. The following candidates are running for office: Treasurer: Louis Goldsman the incumbent and Michael Harman, North Atlantic RVP: Dyke Morrissey, Scott Stowell, and John Sullivan the incumbent.
    Statements written by these candidates may be found in the election forums of the BMW
    CCA website and in the January issue of Roundel. A series of bylaw amendments also appear on the ballot this year. The amendments are being proposed in order to bring the bylaws up to date with contemporary standards, to ensure consistency and clarify confusing language. In order to give all candidates the opportunity to freely express their positions, we neither edit nor correct these statements. Unless they are clearly libelous or defamatory, they appear as submitted. Only the candidates vouch for the accuracy of any facts or allegations contained herein. Nothing presented in these statements reflects any official position of either Roundel magazine or the BMW CCA, and we cannot be held responsible for any errors of fact. If you would like to learn more about our candidates, we encourage you to visit the election forums on the Club website. There you may find more detailed statements from each candidate. Members will also be able to pose questions to the candidates in forums that have been created for each of them. You will also be able read more about the proposed bylaw amendments. Members will be able to vote on line electronically or by using the paper ballot cards found inside the January issue of Roundel. By visiting and casting your vote electronically at www.bmwcca.org and entering a seven-digit unique identifier, you can safely-and securely-record your vote for the candidates and for the proposed bylaw amendments. Primary members will find a unique identifier attached to the mailing label affixed to the election notice included with the January issue of Roundel. Associate members will receive a postcard in the mail, giving them a unique identifier to use when casting their ballots.
    Only members in good standing as of December 15, 2009, may vote in this election. Voting will open on Monday, January 4, 2010, and close February 26, 2010, at noon Eastern Time. Results will be posted on the Club website that same day at 5:00 p.m. ET.

The ballots are included in the January Roundel magazine. Don't forget to save your mail label that the Roundel came with. You need to affix the mail label to the voting postcard in order to qualify or authenticate your vote. The paper ballots are due by February 26th deadline.

VOTE IN JANUARY FOR JOHN SULLIVAN NORTH ATLANTIC REGION VP

TeamStowell We love driving!

Please vote...

Thank you for posting this here John. If a regional election is not one of our most important events, I don't know what would be!

I have been carefully going over previous elections in my learning about this process, and if I read the small amount of information available correctly, less than 3,000 votes were cast in the last club election. That is nation wide for all open positions!! I could not believe it.

This goes to show how important each and every vote is that is cast in the North Atlantic Region. Please take the time to visit the forums and learn about what we candidates have done and what our plans for the future are. If you have further questions please post them and we will be happy to share our thoughts with you.

Both primary and associate members have a vote in this election, although the process for each may differ. Follow the directions in the Rondel and cast your vote for one of your three options. The choice of a couple dozen members may set the tone in our region for our next three years. Please do not pass this opportunity up... I know all the candidates will appreciate your participation.

lcjhnsn

I'm kinda surprised (not really) by the general apathy on the part of the overall Club and individual Chapter membership regarding the leadership of the organization.

I'd be interested to see the stats regarding overall membership and event/activity/election participation at the National, Regional & Chapter level.

BMWCCA1

That's what happens when you fail to abide by the Club bylaws and don't send a ballot to the members, as required. I talked to many members who didn't realize the "announcement" in last year's January issue meant it was time to vote...because there was no ballot to send in. The resulting poor turnout, actually the poorest in many years, may be the reason the board this year decided to actually follow the bylaw requirements and include a ballot in the January 2010 issue, though they're asking the membership to change to bylaws so they no longer have to mail a ballot.

Don't let that happen.