Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2010 335i BMW factory hp mod redux

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by rwhgme, Dec 18, 2009.

rwhgme

Well, it happened again, this time at 750 miles. I was entering I70 accellerating to enter. Rpms 3000 speed 60mph on a downhill ramp and the "Engine operating at reduced power" came on again. The entrance ramp connects with the ramp to return almost directly to the dealership here in KC. When I pulled in I left engine running and showed service mgr. We shut it off and restarted it. It sounded normal. BMW says to drop exhaust to check wastegate. That does nothing to replicate prob. My suggestion is to put another computer in it and see if it does it in another 3-600 miles. If it does we remove ALL BMW mods and go with stock or a Dinan mod later. Otherwise Germany will be getting a 3500 lb enema. Sorry but when you spend this kind of money, you don't want to be a guinea pig.

az3579

I feel for you. This is the main reason (other than cost, of course) I am hesitant to buy a newer Bimmer. It's not because new BMWs are complicated, it's because ALL new cars are complicated. All of this fancy electronics BS is such a load of crap because all it does is create headaches, either now or down the line. The same applies to turbo's; they're just another thing to go wrong.

I hope you get your problem resolved. Many people have bought 335i's and have had no issues with them whatsoever. I suppose you just got unlucky; I'm pretty sure it'll get resolved, because I don't think they'll want to order you another car if you take it in enough times. (Lemon Laws - but we're not there yet!)

rwhgme

29 days owned 10 days and counting in the shop

eam3

Sorry to hear about all the problems. Other than the awful runflats, I've had no major issue with our 535i in almost 30K miles. Performance has been top notch since day one and has never faltered. My mom has an '08 335i and it has been the definition of troublefree motoring since she got it too.

Having said that, I do miss the (relative) simplicity of older Bimmers compared to the new ones. I am a diehard iDrive hater. I can't stand it and it's the one thing that I absolutely cannot stand about our 5. For that reason, the 330 is mine and the 5 is my wife's :)