Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2008 750li

Discussion in 'E65/E66 (2002-2008)' started by mpaumer, Feb 7, 2011.

mpaumer guest

I just purchased a 2008 750Li in July. After i purchased is i noticed my day timer running lights were not working. The updates didnt work and BMW sent them one which has only the inside halo and light as the day time running lights. Does anyone know if this is correct because I thought both halos were supposed to be on. The dealer is telling me that this is the way it is supposed to be.

cwbiii guest

My 06 had a halo bulb burn out and they repaired it under warranty... there was a LED upgrade available which may have been standard on later years. Since mine was under warranty I got what they gave me but had I been paying for it I would have gone for the upgrade since the labor to get at it is significant and I would rather only have to pay it once.

Now I'm not sure if this answers your question because I'm not exactly sure if I understand your question. My question to you is: does the operation of left side of your 750il match the right side? If so then the replacement is the same. I no longer have my 06 to go out and look at it to tell you. Another check would be to go to the dealers lot and check it against a similar year CPO if they have one on the lot.I've used this trick a couple times to verify an iffy answer I got.
    My modus operandi is trust but verify... and few people bs me effectively.

Chuck

mpaumer guest

Chuck,

I will ask another dealer. my wife has a 2011 535 and her driving lights are the both halos and thats the way i keep seeing it as i drive around or none at all. I havent seen the configuration on any bmws that i currently have.

clifjmpr guest

There is a single light source on each side of the 2008 750 OEM headlamp module that illuminates BOTH halos at once. Except for a break in the halo ring itself, there isn't any reason only one of the two would be lit at any given time...except if it isn't really lit and you are just perceiving it that way due to the headlamp reflection. You can't light only one ring on the OEM headlamp.