Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2008 535XI Battery discharge

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by bcording, Jun 28, 2009.

I own a 2008 535XI bought new with about 12,500miles currently on it. I have experienced 5 failures of my charging system since 7,800 miles, which causes the AWD/DSC system to fail. This last saturday, I backed out of the driveway to attempt a "high speed trip" as recommended in the owner's manual, only to have an "Engine failure, reduced power" warning message to show up.

Has anyone with a similar car had similar experiences? Is this expected behavior for this model car?

Any help is greatly appreciated. The battery has been replaced and the car is plugged into a battery tender but this cannot be the normal proceedure for what BMW sells as a "Performance Car!"

I'm off to the BMW shop tomorrow for whatever maintenance they can provide. I have requested a parasidic electrical system check to see whats causing this problem. The car is a fabulous driver when it works. Unfortunately it does not work with any reliability!:eek:

Buck Cording

Perhaps you bought a lemon? Sure sounds like it to me.