Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2008 328i repair question

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Acseal, Oct 7, 2015.

Acseal

What should I expect to pay for replacement of the valve cover gasket and oil filter gasket on a 2008 BMW 328i? Also, I am looking for recommendations on a good independent BMW repair shop in the Atlanta area...preferably Northeast side of Atlanta. Thanks

MGarrison

charlson89

Not sure about the independent shop garrison link is a great one to check out though. As for cost it depends on how much the shop charges per hour (example mine is $136). But the valve cover shouldn't be over 5 hours labor there are 3 gaskets for the job the valve cover gasket, valvetronic motor gasket, eccentric sensor gasket. Those should be around 120 for all. The oil filter housing gasket labor should be around 3 hours and only two gaskets needed oil filter housing gasket and oil cooler gasket (you may not have this depending on options) Those shouldn't be more than 45 for both. Hope that helps.

Ken.S.330

FWIW, I paid 361 for the Oil Filter Stand Gasket. 3.8 hours at $95/hour. There were additional costs for coolant and brake cleaner. I am just outside of Portland, OR.