Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2007 Z4 3.0 si Coupe Tire Suggestions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by eloquentlight, Feb 23, 2010.

eloquentlight guest

Hi all,

I am planning on replacing the tires on my Z4 next month, and I wanted to hear from you all as to what the best replacements might be. I have the stock Bridgestones on (ones that came with it) and they are about ready to be replaced. They don't have to be RFT's.

Thanks so much!

Jason

rspeser

I replaced my OE Bridgestone Run Flats with Continental Sport Contact 2 SSR's that are also run flats. I found that tramlining was greatly reduced and the ride was softer than the OE tires. There is a multitude of opinions about run flats both pro and con, but the security of having a run flat outweighs the cons in my opinion. I also have the BMW Mobility Kit in the trunk just for added security. Kind of like wearing a belt with suspenders ;-). If you are not going to track the car then run flats work well for everyday driving.

epbrown01

I've heard they were discontinued recently but I really liked the Goodyear Eagle F1 DS-G3s I swapped onto my previous Z4 roadster. On my M Coupe, I switched from the Conti SportContact3 to Michelin PS2s, which are pretty much the best sports tires around if you're going to go with a summer-only tire. I've got Dunlops for winter, but honestly I don't drive the Z4M in the snow; they're mostly to deal with the temperatures we get in Chicago.

eloquentlight guest

Thanks - I just needed some pointers from some fellow Z4-ers, and you all gave me some great input - thank you!

lcjhnsn

If you are ok going away from the runflats, Michelin PS2's are incredible summer tires. But, they are not known for their ample tread life, if you catch my drift.

After going through a couple sets of PS2's I'm now running Bridgestone RE760's. These are supposed to be longer wearing high performance tires. So far, so good. They seem to be pretty good in the rain and worked very well for my 2008 Tail of the Dragon blitz.