Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2007 530i Sport

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by sleonard, Sep 16, 2008.

sleonard guest

Hi All,

I own an 07 530i sport that I ordered new. Recently on a long drive up an empty, open highway I was traveling at a very high rate of speed and noticed a whistling noise that seemed to be coming from above the windshield. The noise first appeared at 95 mph and stayed with me for speeds above that.

At first I thought it was coming from the windshield wiper but I think it may be the weather stripping above the windshield. It feels snug but at high speed and warm temp (car is black sapphire) I am thinking it could vibrate at a very high frequency. the noise was very high pitched.

I will have it looked at when I bring car in for service but it is only reproducible at very high speed. I have seen this problem discussed on bimmerfest but I am wondering if anyone is aware of a service bulletin on this issue. I am thinking our friends in Europe probably experience this issue on the 'bahn. So I am hopeful BMW has a solution.

Thanks,
    Sean