Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2006 530i with 55k miles

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by Babydoc168, Mar 9, 2009.

Babydoc168

I am considering the purchase of a 2006 530i with 55k miles. Any thing I should watch out for? My alternatives include an '04 or '05 545i or '06 330i. They are all priced within 1-2k of each other.

Also, anyone with any advice as to whether I buy from an outfit like Carmax vs a BMW dealer?

Thanks

G

Lonestar5

If you have been a member of BMW CCA for at least one year, i.e., 12 continuous months, you are eligible for a rebate of $500 for a CPO, certified pre-owned, car if you buy it from a BMW dealer.
    Many, but not all, of the used models at a BMW dealer are CPO. The warranty on a CPO is six years or 100,000 miles. If you drive a lot that might be of value to you.
    If you buy from a BMW dealer, some dealers will give you a loaner car when you bring it to them for service. It depends on the dealer. Some dealers will give you a loaner even if you did not buy it from them.
    Test drive both cars, a 530i and a 545i. There is a noticeable difference in the power, if you like power. Some features on the 545i are standard where they are optional on a 530i. Look carefully at the options list. The prices the 545i seems to be dropping rather quickly now so make sure you shop around.
    Good Luck.

mrglock

On thing to consider would be the maintenance. According to the Service Manager and Mechanics, at my local service center, the V-8's need more service. The Mechanics specifically stated even though the can work on their own vehicles they still prefer in line 6 cylinders.

2006 330i l Black on Black l 6 speed manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 |

2004 X3 l Sapphire Blue Metallic l Grey Dakota Leather l