Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2006 325xi

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by dsheppard20, Feb 8, 2010.

dsheppard20 guest

Okay, So I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 325xi, which is my first BMW (I found it with only 24k miles). I have been searching around for basic upgrades (such as xenon/hid headlights, angel eyes, intake), but it appears that I have a "tweener" model, between the old style xi in 2005 and the 328xi in '07. Would anyone mind helping a newbie out and letting me know what is available and what I should be searching for. I believe that my car is also referred to as a e90, but then again I'm not positive there either. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

tiFreak

not sure about parts, but your car is an E90 if it's a sedan, or an E91 if it's a wagon

dsheppard20 guest

Alright I have a e90 then. Any help with Xenon's, HID, Intake anything like that? I've been looking through several older posts but haven't been able to find anything for my particular make for some reason.

GELSO

You might want to check Bavarian Autosport.(BavAutosport.com). They have a pretty extensive catalog, and their sales reps seem to be well informed and very helpful.

tiFreak

it's bavauto.com

dsheppard20 guest

I've looked there but they didn't have upgrades for HID's. Anyone have any suggestions for HID/Xenon upgrade manufacturers?

John in VA

dsheppard20 guest

Thanks for the link. I spent some time looking through there and it seems that when just installing the HID upgrade kit in a halogen (non-projector) housing that it tends to create some issues with on coming traffic. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a kit where this is not the case. I saw on the other forum that p90 Andy has a kit, but unfortunately he was banned, so I don't know if his kit was legit or not.

dsheppard20 guest

I have also struggled trying to find a cold air intake for my 325xi. Will the intake for the 325i also fit the xi? Because they have them available for the i but when I seach for the xi nothing shows up.