Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2002 maintenance

Discussion in '114 type 1600, 2002, 2002ti/tii (1967-1976)' started by applegit, Mar 28, 2010.

applegit guest

I'm having some issues with my 1974 2002tii, hope you guys can help. I'm so nearly matched at the dragstrip with friend Carl, I bought a Dinan chip on Ebay last week. After an exhaustive search I've finally found a reputable shop who will install it for $2500. While it's there, I am going to have them fix the power window switches. The oddly long levers seem broken as they seem to have no stop after nearly an inch of movement. I would just run the air conditioning, but when I slide the lever to cool, it's not very. I spoke to the mechanic and he said he would change the cabin filter for $400. I'll also have them look at the cruise control as pulling and pushing the multi-function stalk just turns a little blue light on my dash off and on. It's been three years and I would like to check the oil as I've been assured this model has a dipstick, whatever that is. I found the hood release but the front doesn't seem to want to come up. I'll try a prybar later. Is it true this was the last version of this car? I thought they came out with a later version called the wii?:D

John in VA

First I thought it was April Fool's Day, or you were confused, talking about an 2002 740i!

CRKrieger

Posting drunk on Palm Sunday ... what would your mother say? :(