Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2001 Z3 cluster problem

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by 2008bimmerM3, Dec 3, 2009.

2008bimmerM3 guest

I have about 45K miles on the car and the eep_2 error shows up, gas, temp, and rpm gauge do not work, neither does the speedometer

Where can I get this fix for a decent price? Everywhere I have asked wants $1,200-$1,500

lcjhnsn

BMWtoyz guest

bmwfxr

There is a section of harness behind the cluster that potentially can rub on one of the supports behind the dash and cause all sorts of anomalies. There is actually a service bulletin from BMW to that effect but don't have time to look it up at this time. If this is outside of what you are comfortable doing try www.bimrs.org for qualified specialized BMW independent that could diagnose/fix.

bcweir

2008bimmerM3 guest

Could you help me out with the exact fix when you have time? Thank you very much for your help.

coopers8 guest

I have the same issue

I've done a lot of research and have never been able to find an answer. I have narrowed it down to either the coding plug or the instrument cluster. Since a new coding plug is a fraction of the cost of the replacing the instrument cluster. I thought that I would try replacing that first. I am waiting for the part to arrive. Since the Coding plug has to be ordered specifically for your VIN, it has to come direct from Germany. So, getting one takes a few weeks.

I'll keep you posted on progress.