Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2001 330ci My DSC Light is on HELP...

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by bmw3driver, Nov 16, 2008.

bmw3driver guest

Hey everyone, my DSC light is on and before i take it to the dealer and pay an ridiculous diagnosting fee can anyone help me out with some suggestions please..Thanx
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Sorry, there is no way to tell why it is on without scanning the computer for codes. Try an independent BMW shop. They will probably charge less and may throw in the diagnostic charge if they fix the car for you or just to get you to return to them instead of the dealer.
    Also, please don't double post. It is easier to get all the info in one thread.

bcording

I lost the DSC/AWD four times on my 2008 535XI. BMWNA claims I don't drive the car 1K miles per month and said I voided the Battery warranty and I neded to replace the battery at 11K miles and 18 months of ownership at my own expense. (NOTE) There is no separte battery warranty. BMW replaces bateries for $500. I replaced mine with a 85 month warranty 855 CCA Interstate battery instaled by my independent shop for $231.

Check the battery! My car failed 4 times backing out of th garage! If the battery is low install a Battery Tender Plus, since BMW charging/battery systems can't suport a Go-Cart!! Good luck!

Buck Cording
    2008 535XI
    1973 2002tii