Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2000 BMW M5 E39 - Spark Plugs

Discussion in 'E39 M5 (2000-2003)' started by beatsjunky, May 19, 2011.

beatsjunky guest

Can anyone recommend a good brand for 2000 BMW M5 E39 - Spark Plugs. I think that stock were made by BOSCH, but I found that DENSO, NGK as well as other companies. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Boris
    Boris.BMWm5@yahoo.com

dms540i

From what I have read BMW has authorized both the Bosch FGR7DQP and the NGK BKR6EQUP for the E39 S62 engine. I put a set of the NGKs on my E39 540i (M62) and I am happy with them.

beatsjunky guest

Thank you very much for the info.

Boris

dmmai

E39 spark plugs

Here's probably a silly question, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I've been told by the dealership for years that spark plugs are now magic and last, seemingly forever. In my youth I changed plugs more often then I needed (probably). At what intervals should the plugs be realistically changed in an M62 ?
    It's a street driver, some in-town and some highway (and the occasional trip to the hill country for some minor steam release). Not really much in the way of severe driving.

Thanks

John in VA

dmmai

Thanks for the update John.

That's when they were changed. I just didn't know if anyone had experiences that might indicate change sooner than 60k.

Appreciated