Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2 Series’ Pirelli Cinturato P7

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ricwig, Dec 18, 2020.

ricwig

I have a 2018 2 series xdrive convertible with 18” Pirelli Cinturato P7 run flat tires. I have had 6 of these tires blow due to potholes over the two 2 series cars I have had over 4 years. The last one that blew was on last Friday on I65 just south of Louisville. I had to wait 4 hours for tow truck to take it to BMW of Louisville. I proceeded onto Nashville. I picked the car up on the following Monday.

This is not acceptable. I need not to be to be worried all the time that a tire is going to blow when a pothole is hit. I must get them changed. I think it’s the design of the car and the tire. I need different tires that are less likely to pop with a pothole. If I need new rims too I’m fine with getting new rims.

Is there anyone out there that that knows a good solution. These tires are no good they cannot take a pothole without blowing. Any suggestions?

cfwolf

I am trying to sell my winter tires and wheels because they do not fit my current car.
    I tried going to BMW for a wheel / model listing. No luck
    Then I heard no one knows what car my wheels will fit on. I have the numbers.
    I want to be fare and accurate for the next buyer. Can you help?