Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

1998 M3 Convertible

Discussion in 'E36 M3 (1995-1999)' started by Rickbee, Jun 3, 2009.

Rickbee guest

I was thinking about purchasing this vehicle i was looking for a sedan sith the sport package but this one 1998 BMW M3 AUTOMATIC VIN: WBSBK0330WEC38964 CONVERTIBLE 3.2L L6 FI DOHC 24V REAR WHEEL DRIVE is about a mile from my home going for 10,000 i am looking for advice should I stay on track and continue looking for the sedan or even the coupe with the sport pack or purchase this M3. Also as u can notice it is an automatic:( but for 10,000 should i even worry about this?

granthr

If you are really interested in this car, have it checked out by an independent BMW mechanic. Also, can you live with an auto trans? Only you can answer that. Also, be prepared to spend another $1K to $2k on maintenance/repairs soon after purchase.

You don't say how many miles are on this car.

az3579

It's an automatic, so you should best move on. For that much money, it had better be what YOU want, because I see plenty of M3's for sale, with manuals, for less than 10 grand.

Rickbee guest

thx for the support yea i think i am gonna just continue the search.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

A friend of mine is looking at M3s in the area, and there are scads of them around on CL. If you are close to Dulles, you can call up RRT to see if they have time to do a prepurchase inspection. NEVER buy a used car without one.

Brian Cassity

maybe

As a happy convertible owner of the same year, I can tell you that it ia a wonderful car with the top down. Top up they have their rattles, unless you live where the roads are incredibly smooth. An auto trans. changes the character of any car, but if your even considering it, then your not a purist on that sort of thing. $10k is cheap if the mileage is under 100,000 , but it's not a highly desired car with the auto and the conv. top hurts for many since it is unsuitable for the track. M cars have expensive parts, so be ready. Exmpl. $800 for a brake master cylinder. Take it to a good bmw mechanic to see what your in for. Very easy to drop in a few thousand in no time.