Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

07 530i RWD tranny

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by fmanke, May 3, 2010.

fmanke

I have some questions on the tranny of 07-530i. I am sure that everything is OK on it. What it does is when it is in Drive and it starts up from a a stop sign. The engine seems to rev up about 50 rpm the car moves slowly then the tranny shifts at about 10 mph and everything seems fine. I like to start slowly from a stop sign without mashing the accelerator half way down. The slight hesitation surprises me a little. If I use the sport shift everything seems fine. I live in a small town in Minnesota, so I am driving around streets that have a lot of uncontrolled intersections. If anybody has a suggestions, I would appreciate it.

bcweir

Is your car still under warranty?

If so, take it to the dealer right away.

If you're out of warranty, ask the dealer for a "goodwill repair." Your car isn't that old, so this request would not be unreasonable. Ask very nicely for this -- you're asking the dealer to do you a favor by asking the dealer to deliberately overlook your car's warranty status.

Something else I might ask is when was the last time you changed your car's transmission fluid? Ignore what BMW and the dealer say about this fluid being a "lifetime fill." Contrary to what they say, this fluid does need to be changed regularly. Your car is probably due for it by now if it hasn't been done recently or ever.

I should point out that on these transmissions, there is no fill tube, and it does use a very specific type of transmission fluid. Do not put conventional transmission fluid into these transmissions -- the seals in your transmission are not compatible with Dextron-type fluids, and you can create some very costly damage to your transmission by doing so. If the fluid is red, you will be too when you see what it will cost to fix. Negligience is almost never covered under warranty.

fmanke

Thanks for the information. The car is under 4year/50,000 warranty. It has 26,500 miles on the odometer. I will go to the dealer tomorrow, and I will document everything that occurs. I will let you know what happens.

fmanke

07 530i RWD tranny

I took my car to Motorwerks in Minneapolis,. They kept the car for the day and gave me a courtesy car to use. They did a complete check on the tranny both cold start up and warmed up idling. All the codes read within specs. They also did a oil change for me, even though I had 1100 miles remaining on the computer read out. I am well satisfied with the work they have done. I am very glad that the car was under the 4/50,000 warranty and all of this work could be done without any expense to me. I have done business with this dealership for the last 10 years, and a lot of the same people are still there. They have treated me very good here, and I will continue to do business with them in the future.