Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

'06 330 fog lamp

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by goss8284, Jan 20, 2011.

goss8284

I have a 2006 330xi and I noticed today that my driver's side fog lamp looks like it has been pushed in a little bit. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like it just snaps back into place, but I can't see how I could even get access to it. I don't want to pay the dealer $100 for something that will take .5 seconds...

Any help?

Thanks!

Aaron

goss8284

Here is a close up of it.

bcweir

It looks like you've got more than just a misaligned foglamp.

On that same side, it looks like your front bumper cover nearly got pulled off from underneath.

Have you consulted your owner's manual yet? That's not meant to be a flip answer, but hopefully something that would point you in the right direction. My reasoning is, it would describe how to periodically change the bulb (I would hope that BMW wouldn't want you to clog an already busy BMW service bay queue for something that mundane).

Most BMW's either require you to remove the foglight lens first (which would play right into your hands), or by semi-rotating the socket from behind. Either way would likely put you on your path to realigning that lens.

At any rate, i'd recommend consulting the manual first. Or see if you can temporarily remove the front bumper cover and try to realign it properly that way. It might also resolve the portion of the underside of your front bumper cover that's dangling on that side from the photo.

If you do decide to try it by removing the front bumper cover, don't do it alone. Get some help -- that's a very large piece of plastic, and can be unwieldy trying to handle it alone.

mrglock

I would take the car to a bod shop to have a look at the fog lamp and the bumper cover issue. That's where you money will be well spent. And watch those parking bumper blocks!!!