Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

e46 radiator

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by jeter55, Feb 19, 2018.

jeter55

Hi, new member here--looking for advice regarding replacing the radiator on 2005 330i. Pitfalls to avoid and where to find quality OEM parts. Thanks.

MGarrison

Bavauto.com (among others); however, if you're opting for o.e. BMW, if you have a dealer nearby, check if they offer a parts discount for club members - the two dealers in my area are 15% off list for club members. Bavauto usually has to special-order factory parts anyway, & they can't offer club member discounts. Now, o.e.-equivalent aftermarket brands, you might find for less than BMW oem. You can also use realoem.com to look up part numbers & google the part number, sometimes helps to include "BMW" with the # for the search. Since you have to drain the coolant system most of the way anyway, might not be a bad time for a water pump, although best to avoid plastic-impeller pumps. Might want to check E46 sections of bimmerfest.com, bimmerforums.com, e46fanatics.com for diy's & suggestions. Considering the lifespan of plastics that are parts of/in the cooling system & risk of unexpected sudden failure, replacing those (like the expansion tank, for instance) might be worthwhile.

charlson89

If doing a radiator and your cooling system is older, I agree with Garrison on looking to a cooling system rebuild. This was problematic system on your vehicle and is just better to repair once and done.