Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

oil change

Discussion in 'E63 M6 coupe (2006-present), E64 M6 convertible (2' started by toph-10, Dec 5, 2010.

bcweir

You have no idea how funny this is

You can't AFFORD to change MY oil. LOL

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Heh!

Gotta love that big V12, eh, Brian?! :D

bcweir

When it was running, yes.

Right now it's on a temporary vacation while I do some needed R & R on the engine.

On the hunt for the dwarves BMW apparently recruited to install and change the sparkplugs. :D

toph-10

The oil change went well . There are 2 drain plugs , because the oil pan has a little bump in it and a little oil gets caught in the front part . I started putting in 8 liters then had to keep checking the screen to see when it was full . Not sure how much is in it , but it says it is full .

m6beemer

I have a M6 2007 and found this article about oil changes helpful

Attached Files:

dbkarpf

Chuck,

Thank you for your knowledge-based response!

David
    Golden Gate Chapter
    Member# 475106
    2010 E63 M6 6-speed Coupe (Stratus Gray)
    1998 E36 M3 5-speed Sedan (Technoviolet)
    1971 2002 4-speed (originally British Racing Green; Porsche Metallic Graphite when, like an idiot, I sold it in 1984)

Attached Files:

CSBM5

David,

You're welcome! I see you have a 2010 E63 M6 with a 6MT. That is an extremely rare car as only 17 2010 E63 M6 6MT were imported and only 18 2009 models were. So for the LCI M6 that makes a total of only 35 M6 coupes with 6MT imported. I know of someone ready to buy the car immediately if you're interested. How many miles does it have? Original owner?

Regards,
    Chuck