Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

X3 owner in Tokyo

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Masaaki Takeda, Mar 7, 2008.

Masaaki Takeda

Dear members,
    On this page I would like to introduce myself.
    Bought BMW for the first time in 2004 and I am a proud owner of X3(3.0). Why I decided to go with X3? My previous car was Audi A4 wagon and I was looking for a wagon with more fun-to-drive characteristics. That's how I reached BMW X3. Obviously X3's Xdrive system is fabulous. However, my X3 with sports suspension the ride is too choppy and harsh to me, so I consulted with my local dealer "Yanase" and replaced whole set of suspesion with the new set developed for 2006 X3. The result was just what I expected. Choppy ride totally disappeared, no harsh ride any more. To me it was worth spending some money for this replacement.
    Since I am a retired person 65 years old, I do use X3 more for my leisure. This May I will
    take my X3 to TSUKUBA Circuit race course for a race.
    Masaaki Takeda

273426 guest

X3 3.0 Suspension

I have an 05 X3 with standard (not sport) suspension. I too find the ride harsh and can't afford to trade up to an 07 or 08 with the softer suspension. Can you tell me approximately what the suspension upgrade cost you?

Thanks

az3579

Wow, Tsukuba... can't say many Bimmers venture to that track, eh? :)

If you can get someone to take pictures or video, I'd love to see them! I hope you have fun there...

And welcome to the forums. :D

Masaaki Takeda

Upgrade costed me 200000Yen(about $1900).First I wrote a letter to BMW Japan complaining them my 04 X3(with sport sus)has too harsh ride comparing with 07 X3 which has better ride quality. ( I test-drove 07 X3 and found its sus has improved.) BMW Japan came back to me suggesting I should talk to my local dealer "Yanase" for sus replacement. I went to Yanase and have my 04 X3 replaced with a new set of sus adopted by 07 model. Yanase told me that the total cost of replacement including all the works is 400000Yen but I have to bear only half the cost. Apparently, Yanase and BMW Japan had
    a talk and BMW Japan agreed to pay the rest. I am writing this message once again in case my previous message got lost and did not reach you.
    Masaaki Takeda