Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Removal of Yellow highway paint

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Bill Harris, Jul 11, 2008.

Bill Harris

A friend of mine accidentally crossed over newly painted yellow highway marking dividers and now has yellow paint in the wheel wells and on the the lower door sills. The paint is now dried on. She asked what she should use to remove the yellow paint. I really don't know, because all I have are mild, paint friendly cleaners. What does anyone recommend? Obviously I want to recommend something that will take the paint off both places, but won't harm/dull/scratch her BMW paint.

Bimmerdan

Try a clay bar to remove the paint on the lower door sills. That would be the quickest and easiest way. If that doesn't work, try some Zymol HD Cleanse (it will take some effort but HD Cleanse has always worked for me when nothing else will when it comes to removing overspray).

Not sure about the inner wheel well, all I ever do is use soapy water and a stiff scrub brush to clean mine. That seems to work pretty well but I've never gotten paint under mine?

Bill Harris

Zymol solution

Very much appreciated Bimmerdan. I never thought of Zymol Cleanse. Zymol products are all I use for my BMW's so that's an easy attempt. I'll take some of mine over to her and see what happens..