Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2013 335i M Sport Coding

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by 512023, Dec 13, 2015.

512023 Chicken Joe

Hey guys,

New here to the BMW world but have been doing some research on this new BMW I purchased. I have been reading alot about coding the car to enable/disable certain features and I would really love some more info. I am pretty computer savvy and would love to have some coding work done on my car to enable some nice creature comforts. Has anyone had any experience with coding the new F30 chassis? If so, does the dealer not approve? Just trying to answer some questions. Thanks guys. Carbine 335 1.jpg

charlson89

This depends on what coding your looking to do? Yes the dealer does not like this and if a module or coding failure is found from a third party BMW can kick the warranty for that one repair. But it is your car so you can do as you please.

512023 Chicken Joe

I was really just looking for some parking/driving stuff like Mirror folding in when I lock the car, windows up when lock ( or when you hold the lock button), default sport mode upon start up, Blinkers in HUD. DRL brighter. stuff that I would consider settings that should be in factory options. Let me know what you think.

charlson89

Yes there is software from many companies out there that can do what your looking for. Not sure I would risk it right now with warranty though because if you brick (software term for kill) a control module such as the radio or other one it can get pricy and you would be on the hook for this. There is always a risk when you alter the vehicles programming even with BMW's software. In the end it is really up to you if you wanna take that risk.

lordcruiser

go to bimmerfest forums there are lots of guys there that code their cars