Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Headlamps/Fog Lamps

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by 1BADE90, Jul 9, 2008.

1BADE90 guest

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and have a question. I recently purchased a '08 335i sedan w/sport and premium pkgs and could not be more excited. Question, is it possible to set headlamps AND fog lamps to automatically switch on/off depending on light conditions? I can get the headlamps to function automatically, but not the fog lamps. Thanks in advance for your help.

T

mlweaver

Nope, sorry. It's a German thing - the fog lights are just for fog, not intended to be used for extra illumination. (Maybe they should come on with the rain sensing wipers, but they don't.)

Welcome to the forum; the 335 is a great car.

kkratoch

I have to disagree. My wife has her MB c280 set so the fogs and headlights come on together. So maybe it is just a BMW thing. :)

EDIT - That being said... I agree with BMW. Fog lights are for fog and should not be on all the time.

mlweaver

LOL ... so MB leads the way again! That may not impress BMW, but I bet they change things if Audi does it too! Thx, Keith :)

1BADE90 guest

Yeah, I guess it makes sense. Thanks guys...