Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by tourider999, Jun 24, 2017.

tourider999

My warranty is about to expire on my 2013 M3. Any suggestions on an extended warranty? I have just under 27k on it and I think I'm going to keep it at least another 2 years.

charlson89

There are a ton of warranties out there. I would ask you dealer what they sell in your region and what the plan covers. Make sure you understand everything they cover and don't to compare to other plans. I have seen very expensive plans cover very few parts. So just make sure you do your research before purchase. Also ask if BMW has any extended warranties for you like CPO. This is the best warranty for our cars since it's from the manufacturer and covers over 10,000 parts on the car. This will extend warranty 2 years and 50,000 miles.
    • Staff

steven s

You hardly drive the car. :)
    Another option to to set the money aside what you would be paying for the warranty.
    Use it if you need it. After 2 years it may be found money.
    Insurance is a gamble in the insurer's favor.

I paid a little more than $3000 for an extended warranty on our 2003 Mini Cooper S.
    Only thing that went wrong in that time period was a fuel pump.
    I looked at it as a $3000 fuel pump!

jh328ix

I paid $1600 for an extended warranty on my MB C230k 2000. Never used it.