Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello From Homer NY

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Makeryguy, May 21, 2017.

Makeryguy

I just bought my first BMW, and wanted to say hello. I've joined the Genesee Valley Chapter, though it is based pretty far from where I live....Are there members in the Syracuse, Cortland, Ithaca area? Do you ever meet outside of the regular chapter meetings?

My car is a 1979 320i. I ran the VIN on a decoder online and it was produced in March of 1978.

Also, I cant seem to post a picture...haven't figured that out yet....I'll search the site on how to, and get a couple up!

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums! 320i's, as numerous as they were, are pretty rare these days! I had an '81 320i for 11 yrs, although after that many Ohio winters, it was about one winter away from the footwells rotting through by the time it came to the end of the line. Check the GVC chapter website for their chapter newsletter, links to Facebook pages or other social media, and that should start to get you connected to whatever may be happening around you.

Use the "upload a file" button next to the 'reply' button to post pictures. One of the options displays the whole picture, or it will show as a thumbnail you have to click on. I think there's a limit on file size and it has to be one of the more common picture file types, like .bmp or .jpg.

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums!

Makeryguy

Thank you for the welcomes! Still trying to figure out the picture posting....urgh...prob not so possible from a phone? I'll be on the laptop later!

MGarrison

I don't know via phone, using a pc it's pretty straightforward.

Makeryguy

Makeryguy

[IMG]

Attached Files:

Ken.S.330 likes this.

Makeryguy

I did it! Had to resize it in paint and then save it.....guess that's normal? I don't post a lot of pictures to forums.

MGarrison

Nice!!

'Normal' might be relative, will depend what size/resolution picture you start with - certainly if a pic's too big a file size and exceeds the limit, resizing can work. Generally, starting with a higher resolution pic is just fine, especially if the pic is for your own purposes, in which case you'll have a quality picture to archive, etc. Then, if you have to downsize, it can be tailored to whatever, and you don't lose much in the way of image detail either, at least not unless you were going really small.

charlson89

That is sweet looking!