Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Headlight adaptive control moduule

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by clauspkinder, May 21, 2017.

clauspkinder

Xenon headlights are not moving. Need to locate and replace headlight adaptive control module. Can anyone advise where it is located and part number? Thanks

MGarrison

If you can find the part on realoem.com, the diagrams usually indicate where a part's installed, generally. Charlson probably knows, though.

charlson89

SMC (stepper motor controller) is located on the bottom of the headlight. There are two one for each headlight and usually is these fail it is because of water damage. Meaning the headlight has a leak some where one of the covers are broken or missing allowing water in. These module ones replaced do need to be coded to the vehicle so you will need the vehicle programmed. I have a link to reaoem.com number 5 is the module for those controller. I suggest entering you vin though to make sure you have the correct part number.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=NF73-USA-11-2006-E60-BMW-530xi&diagId=63_0797

clauspkinder

Thanks Charlson, found it where you pointed me.

clauspkinder

New Info, it turns out the individual headlight control modules are ok, apparently there is a 'central' headlight adaptive control module located by the glove box. It's component code A214 (Bently) and that is the one I am trying to find a part number for. Thanks.

charlson89

Do you have the last 7 of your vin to look that part up?

clauspkinder

Back from vacation.

VIN B048524

charlson89