Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E30 1987 325i tires where to buy all season?

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by cookgeez, Jun 10, 2017.

cookgeez

Its impossible to find 195/65R14's for all season!
    tire rack only offers one tire for summer, Bavarian auto has non and michelin/bridgestone don't offer them any more any help please??

charlson89

I recommend going with a different size 195/70/14 which kumho still makes a solus for this size that is all season. The tires will only be a little taller and I have see other people run these on the e30 and have had no issues.
    cookgeez likes this.

MGarrison

I googled up these - the tread pattern looks more performance-oriented, but it says all season -

https://www.pepboys.com/tires/details/Falken/Ziex ZE329/434483/

Then there's these - don't know anything about Federal as a brand - my guess, they're probably not particularly good tires, by most performance parameters I'd consider important (sidewall construction, lateral grip, tread compound, mechanical grip, stopping distance, turn-in response, wet grip, etc.).

https://www.amazon.com/Federal-SS657-All-Season-Radial-Tire/dp/B007S76MUK

Another option would be 195/60-14's, which Tire Rack shows more options than 195/65's - not many, but there are some. Your speedometer accuracy would be off slightly (it would read a bit higher than actual speed), and perhaps with the nominally shorter sidewalls, you might feel road bumps a bit more in the car. Would probably be more noticeable on big bumps than anything else. Some don't like the look of the shorter tires on the car, since the tires don't fill out the wheelwell quite as much as the stock tires, but that's purely an aesthetic consideration. But, aside from those relatively insignificant differences, it's no problem to run 195/60's.
    cookgeez likes this.

cookgeez

many thanks

cookgeez

many thanks