Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

'09 328 xit

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by plmbst, May 22, 2017.

plmbst

I found out that one of my stock wheels is not true and am looking to replace it. I am thinking I would like to replace all four wheels after 120k. I want to keep the stock size, (16x7.0) and present tires as they only have 10k on them, (with one just replaced due to pothole damage). I am hoping for suggestions.
    Thanks .
    Peter S

MGarrison

If you like the aesthetics, you can't go wrong with Apex wheels - they're light, no spacers or hub adapters needed, BMW-specific fitment, reasonably priced, etc.

Otherwise shop Tire Rack, they always have a big selection. My recommendation is to go for the lightest wheels that can be had for the most reasonable price, that have a look that you like. Be sure to check the specs - heavier wheels have a variety of drawbacks vs. lighter wheels. Personally, I like more open-spoke designs, much easier to clean. Small-mesh-weave patterns like the old BBS wheels are a real nuisance to clean unless you clean them really frequently, like every week, rain-or-shine. With 8 yr-old tpm's, I'd probably get new ones on the supposition that the batteries are probably, at a minimum, towards the end of their lifespan. Unfortunately, I don't think the car's system can indicate which tpms sensor is a problem if one is dying or quits.

plmbst