Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Time to makes some upgrades to a 2008 E88 135i Convertible any suggestions

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by joshrosa1977, Dec 26, 2016.

joshrosa1977

Attached Files:

joshrosa1977

Thanks, I have better photos, but I always have trouble with the site size limit.

joshrosa1977

I really like the Dinan gear. The stage 2 performance software is great. In sport mode the power has had a huge gain. I'm mixed on the free flow exhaust, I had the OEM sport exhaust which was good, the Dinan has a little deeper sound, but not a huge gain. I will say I like the black dinan exhaust tips better and although I was looking for a much louder exhaust, I probably wouldn'r want it once I had it because it can get a bit loud with the top down. Other than the overall power upgrade, I will say I'm extremely pleased with the tire change. Night and day between the run flats and Michelin Pilot Supersports. The Michelins handle much better and the ride is a hole lot softer and nicer. I picked up the BMW emergency tire kit for the trunk since I jettisoned the run flats. But all and all a totally different car since last year and I'm enjoying every bit of it.

The only things I still need to work out are a few spots which I could use a paintless dent repair shop and a pro with touch up, and then a new back bumper at some point with the carbon fiber diffuser.

joshrosa1977

Paintless Dent Repair... iPhone autospell is awful....lol

MGarrison

You can go back and edit posts after they're posted also, if inclined ;)

charlson89

Those wheels look sweet especially with the black paint. Glad to hear dinan upgrades are doing well for you. I have heard other people say the same about dinan exhaust about it not being loud enough.